Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hobo Boots

I went outside of my comfort zone and bought myself some new boots. I think this is what the internet calls "homeless chic". They look like I've had them for about 20 years, trudging through the mud and running after freight trains... You know.

The biggest plus was their price. They are not leather, so they were cheap as chips. I had my doubts, that is sweaty feet and stuff. But I've worn them 3 times already and they are perfect. Comfortable and not sweaty at all, I wore them for my 11-hour work day and was happy as a bug.


This week the weather finally turned wintery and we had our first rain. So what happened? I wasn't ready. I have nice jackets, a beautiful new Zara trench, some stylish pieces that I could wear. So what did I wear? This old thing purchased in Vancouver 15 years ago. It's light as a feather and wrinkly to begin with, so you can roll it up and stick it in the bag if you have to (I didn't have to, it was cold).


Here is one outfit with the aforementioned boots. With the cardigan.


And without the cardigan.


And now for a bit of humor. Went to a department store the other day and found these T-shirts. Looked closely and saw something interesting.


Had to look again. No mistake there.


And then found another one.


Nice, eh?
But here something really nice I saw in a magazine called Mama-Info. Sweet sweet babies.

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and squishy inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment