Friday, October 12, 2012

Irregular Stripes

 
I just realised that I haven't posted since Sept 22. That's what happens when you work from home and don't have a car to go places. Plus we had the Rosh Hashanah and Succot holidays that we spent mostly at home or in the "ville" as the Husband calls it. And there is nothing here that the world might want to see.
 
But yesterday I finally went somewhere. Chores, chores and a short visit to H&M that yielded this lightweight top for some 7 bucks. And I wore it later that day when I took the Kid to the doctor (nothing much, just trying to figure out if he needs to wear glasses or not. He has to for now).
 
 
A close up of the top. I have H&M shorts in the same print. Obviously, I'm not planning to wear them together as a suit... Maybe for Halloween? 
 

Trusted old Hush Puppies. The footwear of a stay-at-home person.

 
The morning outfit included this dress.
 

I love it and I love that it's lined. The only thing I don't love is that the lining is totally synthetic and it's hot when you're in the sun.


And now for something completely different.

Remember this little guy?


This is him now. The color is the same, just different lighting. But look how much fatter he got! And he is one centimeter longer than a month ago. Norman is a big boy.


We spruced up his terrarium, gave him a backdrop picture and some lights. The blue lamp is the nightlight and heat source. The regular lamp is his sunlight and daytime heater.

He likes to hang around. Literally. He spent a good 10 minutes in this position.


And this is his hiding spot. He climbs on top of the lamp-clip and just sits there. Maybe he is hiding from us, I don't know.


I feel so jealous looking at all the pictures of people in fall clothing. We're still having what some people would call "a really hot summer". I might be able to wear something with sleeves in the evenings, but in the daytime it's tank-tops and jewelry that is not too heavy.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment