Monday, October 15, 2012

Winter Shades

In spite of being a homebody these days and going out of the "ville" into the real world about once a week, I managed to get ready for the upcoming winter with the latest color trend - oxblood or burgundy. A last month trip to H&M yielded two oxbloody items that I haven't been able to wear yet. Too hot.
 
This top looks shapeless on a hanger but it's nice when you put it on. I can't prove it with my own pictures, so here it is on Melanie of the Bornlippy blog. 
 

I have 5 pairs of jeans in this cut! Grass green, fuchsia, mint, snake print and now these. I think they are quite flattering on me. And the best part (or the worst, as I already have too many)? I don't have to try them on anymore, I just grab my size and go.


Essie nail polish in "Bordeaux" and Revlon "Black cherry" lipstick are part of the winter collection.


This is me with burgundy nails and lips. Eye makeup was quite neutral.
Not used to see myself with lips so dark. I used to wear Chanel "Vamp" back in the day, but it was some 15 years ago. I don't think I'm going to wear this lipstick too often. But it is different and "out of my comfort zone" which is good.


I dressed in neutral colors that day. This skirt is older than my Kid!


I miss the thrill of shopping but at the same time happy not to do it so much. The fact that I don't get to the mall nearly as much helps me to avoid impulse purchases.

Have you seen the new Marilyn collection from MAC? I received an email last night that it finally hit the stores. I don't really need any new eyeshadows and I have lots of lipsticks, but I might get their beauty powder just for the box. As far as lipsticks, I'm thinking of getting MAC Rebel for winter. It's a rich berry color, not as dark as the Revlon I have, more daytime. I'll be at the mall on Thursday and go try it out.

Till then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment