Thursday, February 7, 2013

Quick Coat Change

Have you ever left your house in one coat and returned wearing another? I did that today. Went out wearing my trusty old grey long jacket that I've had since maybe 2006 or 2007. I haven't worn it for a while but now it fits just right again. Grey jacket, a lighter grey sweater and booties and burgundy pants. Nice color combination. Mind you, looking at the pictures, I should have let the pants go over the boots a little bit, not tuck them in. Oh well, that's why we take our own photos, to see what works and what doesn't.
 

This necklace drove people crazy today. An SA at one of the shops actually grabbed it (while it was on me) squealing how beautiful it was. Don't worry, this kind of behaviour is completely normal in this country. People come up to other people's babies, grab their cheek and say "Oh, you co cute". It drove me nuts.


I love attention like lots of other women, especially when other women admire your style, but it was a bit much...

But the necklace is pretty. And it has mixed silver and gold tones, which makes it easier to match with other things.


Having finished my chores I arranged to meet up with my Mom at the mall. While I was waiting, I happened to be browsing Zara sales racks (the sale is still going strong, it's been over a month already!) and found this lovely swing thing.


I took my long jacket off and took it to dry cleaners. And continued to wander about the mall in my new coat. I was going to take it to dry cleaners at the end of the season but I didn't feel like carrying two coats with me. Saved myself a trip later and got to enjoy my new purchase. Instant gratification is my second name.


The coat is a bit shaggy, just like my pink Zara jacket. I'll have to give it a haircut.


An added bonus - the coat matched my jeans perfectly thanks to the reddish specks.



I'm on the verge of subjecting myself to a limited shopping experience. I know that a full shopping ban would never hold up, I'm just being realistic. But this behaviour needs to be limited. To one purchase a week maybe. We'll see. Then I'll be able to post about my "purchase of the week". Not a bad idea. And I'm still waiting to receive three things that I bought online (the shipping takes about 2-3 weeks for each item). And to get my leather pants from the taylor's (the trouser-legs are being narrowed). There's a lot of good stuff coming my way, materially speaking, and I'm looking forward to that.

Have a great day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment