Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bright and Cheerful

Yesterday we had some chores to do and it seemed like a good reason to wear a dress instead of traditional shorts and a tank top. A bright and cheerful dress, as you can see. I bought it a couple of months ago at my friend's shop. At first I had some doubts, is it too tight, is it too short? But when I put it on, it made me feel so happy that I took the plunge and brought it home with me.


This is definitely the most visible dress that I own. I couldn't get hit by a car even if I wanted to.


The sandals are by far the best shoe purchase of the season. They are by Moretti (do we see a pattern over here?). These go with almost everything, even with dresses. I was afraid they would visually shorten my legs but I don't think they do. On the contrary, the stripe has an elongating effect.


I was told that they flew off the shelves and my local branch of Moretti had to restock them. And yet, I haven't seen a single person wearing them, which is great.


The jewelry was simple. No big necklace as it was too hot. But I wore a bigass bracelet instead. It was the first of chunky bracelets in my "collection". It's too big to wear with anything else. I wore the ring on the other hand. I love the blue stone. It catches and reflects light just like a swimming-pool.


And this picture made it on Instagram as my "car selfie". Yes, it's a baseball cap worn backwards. The windows were rolled all the way down and I didn't want my hair to fly away.


By the way, I'm wearing Clinique CC Cream in Light. This is my face after three or four sweaty hours in hot and humid weather. I think it held up very nicely. It's a much lighter coverage than a BB Cream I was using before (by Sebocalm - it's a local company that makes skincare for sensitive skin). It's perfect for me in this climate. And the lipstick is MAC Creme Cup or what's left of it.

Went for my power walk in the evening and after that... Pigged out on pizza! I do this roughly once every 6 months or so. I'm not even going to admit how many slices I had! It's a shame really. So today I'm back to my "usual programming" and will have a tall glass of yogurt for dinner after another walk.

That's it, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment