Monday, November 16, 2009

Whose harem is this?

Over the last year there's been a lot of discussions about harem pants. Some like them, others think that women who wear them should be shot. I tend to wait till I see enough of them to form my own opinion. I have a slim friend, she owns two pair, one in black jersey and the other one is taupe linen. I liked these pants on her but wasn't sure if they'd suit my figure. And then one day I walked into a store that carries "normal" sizes (as opposed to xxxx-small) and tried them on. I was sold. They looked more like a skirt with leggings than a "diaper-bag". I bought them and wore them a lot. With slim-fitting tops, with a belt and without, with heels and flats. They are extremely comfortable and let me tell you, it's a great alternative to track or yoga pants. I wore them on the plane to Turkey, felt great and didn't look too bad either.

Here is my Sunday work outfit.

Harem pants: Crazy Line
Brown sleeveless turtleneck: Marco Polo
Cotton, rayon and linen blend cardi: Casey and Max (thrifted)
Necklace: Crazy Line
Leopart flats: Zara
Here is the closeup of the flats and a bit of the pant showing:
Another version, going shopping yesterday. Black pants, black v-neck tee, watch pendant, pink jacket from Zara and black Michael Kors flats. And a shot of my new haircut. Thank you, Armo!




No comments:

Post a Comment