Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Ramblings

The winter is over and I'm a bit sad. First of all, I missed pretty much all of it and didn't get to wear what I wanted to wear. Dresses, coats, jackets. I know, it's not the most important thing in the world, but over here summer lasts 8-9 months, when you're too hot to wear anything, and the poor winter is stuck in the corner. Plus this year the weather was really warm. Is the global warming catching up with us? I personally don't believe in this hype, but who knows.

Anyway, to mark the beginning of spring, I painted my nails pink. Here is a picture. Pardon some tip wear, but this photo was taken almost a week after I painted them, and that's without any top coats!


Next on my list would be to wear Chanel Particuliere. Oh yes, I have joined the exclusive club. The color of wet cement, as Faux Fuchsia so eloquently put it, awaits me. The husband, being a builder, is excited for me too (not).

I've ordered some more pink nailpolishes on ebay. For some reason it was easier for me to look at OPI colors, read their names and pick out some fab colors than actually buying what's available here. I went to a shop, stood by the shelf with hundreds of colors and couldn't pick ANYTHING! What's wrong with me?

Sunday I'm going back to the Office. And it's good, because I'm getting cabin fever. Starting April 21, I'll be working 4 days a week instead of 2. It's good too, because my second job has dried up a bit. This girl needs to make some more money stat!

I'm leaving you with a photo of my beloved lemon tree. It's actually bearing fruit! These lemons are so fragrant, if you cut one up and put it in the fridge, the smell envelopes you as soon as you open it. Mind you, I must not open the fridge so much, I've gained some weight and I blame the steroids!!! (Not getting off my lazy ass to exercise is not the reason, though I went back to horseriding, so there).

Here is my baby-lemon.


Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment