Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Instant Stylist Inspiration


Last time I blogged, I did a couple of posts featuring outfits inspired by other bloggers or fashion magazines. Guess I can call it a tradition because this is the second inspiration post in a row. This is how it works. I see a picture in a mag or online and think - hang on, I have same/similar things in my closet, why don't I try and recreate it. Or I save a photo for future reference and then find items in shops (or my Mom's closet) that I can use.

Here is a photo from January InStyle. I saw it and immediately thought of my coral jacket I only got to wear twice before winter. Pearls - check. Shirt - check. Mine is lavender, not blue. But I don't have to copy the outfit 100 percent, let the shirt be lavender, the jacket coral, pile on more pearls and use a different bag. I don't have a blue clutch but it's OK. I'll live.


Anyway, here is my version, as photographed in H&M store. I see now, after uploading and enlarging the photos, that I'm a bit wrinkled, but I'd been sitting at my desk for 7 hours before that, while the clothes on the magazine page have been carefully laid out and arranged. What am I saying? No need to try and be absolutely perfect. That's what I'm saying I guess.


Snooker helped me take photos at home. By the way, I started with the shirt tucked in, but it just didn't look right on me.


My lipstick is MAC Viva Glam Cindy Lauper.


I love this jacket, the color is so bright. And I love my pearls. It's three "ropes" all worn together, doubled and tripled.


I could have worn leopard print shoes but hey, it is winter, so I wore my Nine West booties. They are fuzzy and cute, and I'm still getting used to them. Wore them with thicker socks today, it was much more comfortable than with thin nylon socks.


The booties have a hidden platform so the heel is not as high as it seems. Mind you, walking home from the bus on the uneven sidewalk I almost wiped out. Luckily there were no people around and my image is safe.



So what can I say at the end of the day?
Did my outfit turned out exactly as the InStyle one? Not really.
Did I feel good and confident all day? I sure did.
What would I do differently next time? Try wearing different jeans so I could tuck my shirt in. Or get a wrinkle-proof shirt. Get someone else to take my pictures to get a better angle and perspective.

There is always room for improvement.



No comments:

Post a Comment